Thursday, June 18, 2015

Paint your knife block



My husband and I just celebrated two years of marriage! We have had this plain-Jane wood knife block that we have been saying, "let's paint that" since we got it at our wedding. It's not that I don't like wood, it's just that I really, really, really  LOVE color. Color is my jam. As well as coffee and anything with sugar. (Yes I have a massive sweet tooth) our house is filled with color. Yellow, aqua, coral, orange, mustard, red. You can never have too much color! If we could paint the walls, trust me they would be painted, but we're renting and I want to get out deposit back whenever we move (fingers crossed) 

Yesterday while Justin was napping, I decided to just paint that stinking thing once and for all. Besides I didn't really like how it looked, if it didn't turn out perfect at least I would have the memory and a lot of grins and laughs in the future right? It's a risk you have to be willing to take. I was willing, and not tired enough for a nap. So why not?!


Here is the before picture...nothing special. Thanks Grands for the gift, but I'm about to make this WAY better!

I decided on aqua and coral paint. I wasn't sure if I was going to end up using both or just the aqua. You know it would be easier and safer to only do one color.


Here's another angle of the plain-Jane 


I decided to use both colors! And I'm so stinking glad!

Here she is! It may not be perfect but I can always touch it up later. Besides I adore the color combo! It's gonna add a little more pop to the kitchen!

SO much better! Isn't it amazing what a few coats of paint can do?


I love to use the sponge brushes, they paint so smoothly. Also I used tooth picks to get paint out of the knife slots. Works like a charm! 



Don't be afraid to grab some paint and try something new!



The before and after! 


Happy painting and happy Friday!!!

2 comments: