Monday, June 15, 2015

Free Indeed


Today I want to talk about freedom. Living as Christians we are FREE INDEED! This is a gift from God! Jesus died, so we could be free from the bondage of sin and the law.

Romans 8:1&2
There is therefore now no condemnation to those who are in Christ Jesus, who do not walk according to the flesh, but according to the Spirit. For the law of the Spirit of life in Christ Jesus has made me free from the law of sin and death.

Stand fast therefore in the liberty by which Christ has made us FREE, and do not be entangled again with a yoke of bondage.
Galatians 5:1


I love looking up words. It's one of those things for me. Liberty, meaning: freedom, freedom, freedom and freedom! 


Romans 6:18 
And having been set free from sin, you became slaves of righteousness. 

2 Corinthians 3:17
Now the Lord is the Spirit; and where the Spirit of the Lord is there is liberty. 


There is this song we sing in our church, I just love it so much. I'm gonna share the lyrics with you. Jesus is so wonderful!

Where the Spirit of the Lord is there is freedom
Where the Spirit of the Lord is there is freedom

There is peace. There is love. There is joy.

It is for freedom You've set us free
It is for freedom You've set us free
I'm free. I'm free. I'm free. I'm free.

We will walk in Your freedom
Walk in Your liberty
We will walk in Your freedom
Walk in Your liberty 

Stand fast in your freedom! 
Christ has made us free. We are free indeed. Don't go back to carrying the burdens of this world, Jesus took those from us, when He died on the cross. He freely gives us forgiveness and freedom! All we have to do is repent and turn away! Freedom is yours.

No comments:

Post a Comment