Thursday, June 11, 2015

16 Days of Cleaning


I may be the only one but often times I only do what is an absolute must, I find myself neglecting things. Other times I expect far too much of myself. I want to deep clean the entire house in one day and I end up wearing myself out. I created this list to try and be more consistent. To try and do one thing a day. Instead of doing it all at once or brushing it off because it's too much. One thing a day is do-able and I can make it fit in to my schedule. Hopefully you can too! 

1. Clean Vacuum filter (if yours is a throw away one then simply replace it and maybe wipe down the vacuum. Mine's reuseable so I use hot water and dish soap to clean it. Then I let it air dry over night.)

2. Clean  Dishwasher (place a glass measuring cup of white vinegar in the empty dishwasher, run a full cycle. When that's done pour a cup of baking soda in the bottom of the dishwasher and run another cycle.)

3. Coffee Cleaning Cycle (If you threw the instruction manual away like we did, you can always YouTube it. Or look it up online, that's what we did and we finally got that flashing "clean" light to go away. Yay! Basically we ran some vinegar though then a few pots of water. But it probably has a clean cycle that will clean it thoroughly.

4. Dust hard to reach/ Forgotten things (Walk into your house and really take a look at things as if you were a visitor for the first time. What do you see?)

5. Clean out the Fridge (old food, completely empty and wipe everything out. Rotate things that will expire soon to the front.) 

6. Clean Kitchen Windows (This definitely doesn't happen enough) 

7. Go through Piles of Paperwork/ Mail (we bought a filing cabinet and it has helped so much with bills and important documents for insurance etc. I love to be organized it just makes me happy!) 

8. Freezer (Empty it all out and scrub it clean, throw out old things and now you can see what you have available!)

9. Utensil holders (Eventhough you're putting clean utensils in there somehow it gets dirty.)

10. Declutter all areas (donate, toss, or store)

11. Pantry (get rid of old food)

12. Front and back Porch/ Patio/ Deck (sweep, organize, clean up spider webs)

13. Clean Carpet Stains (hydrogen peroxide works well if you don't have carpet cleaner. Try it on a small area first to make sure it doesn't discolor the carpet. We have light colored carpet so it works wonderfully to lighten up those stains. I pour some on there and let it sit a good 20-25 minutes then get a white towel and put pressure on it, try and get as much of the liquid up as possible. Then I place a fan by it to help it dry fast. Don't walk in it for a day, that way if it is still wet it won't darken again.)

14. Clean off top of Fridge (Somehow this always gets dusty and cluttered)

15. Clean up Piles  (Justin is a pretty tidy guy, but he does leave piles and they can start to get crazy if neglected!) 

16. Vacuum Behind all Furniture 

I hope this inspired you to keep clean and not be overwhelmed! Happy Friday all!!! Xoxo

No comments:

Post a Comment