Friday, June 26, 2015

DIY Pom Pom Garland




Today I'm going to share with you a very simple DIY! A Pom Pom garland! It's easy, adorable, affordable and just adds a little pop to the home!

When I made mine it was around Christmas time. I had it above the fire place and I just fell in love with it!


I HAD to put it up asap!


It made the fire place so cheerful and bright!


This was Christmas morning, right before things got crazy! Just look at that garland *ahhh* perfect! 

Now that we've moved, we don't have a fire place, but I still wanted to hang up the garland. So the kitchen it is! Alright alright, now let me explain how to make this adorable thing!

What you'll need:

*Pom poms 
*Thick string
*Upholstery needles 
(That's it!!! Ok and some scissors) 


Somehow I misplaced my upholstery needles in the move. Basically you just want to needle to be strong enough to be able to get that thick string through the Pom Pom without breaking. My needles were shorter than the ones above.

Cut the string to your desired length. Get your needle and put the string through it just like normal, then grab a Pom Pom and go straight through the center. Continue doing this, while scooting each Pom Pom down and rotating colors as you desire. When you're finished you can tie a knot at each end to secure the Pom poms, but they stay on the string pretty well because it's so thick. 

This is incredibly easy to do, but I will warn you it can get tedious. Just remember that the finished product is completely worth it!!! 

Side note: this can be a tiny bit painful so if you need to wear a glove to protect your hand from the needle then do it! I didn't, however my fingers were sore when I was finished! You live and you learn right?! 

If you're looking for a pop of color, and you're not wanting to break the wallet, this may be the DIY craft you're looking for!!! 


Wha-la!!! There you have it! Have a cheerful Friday everyone!!!



No comments:

Post a Comment