Friday, May 29, 2015

Anniversary

Monday morning around 7 am, my husband and I left for a little get away to celebrate our second anniversary! My husband calls it a honey moon, so it was our third honey moon!

 We went up to the Monterey area. We stayed at a bed and breakfast in a little town called Seaside. We were so close to the ocean! 
I love collecting sand from beaches I visit. They're all different and unique. The beach we went to in Seaside was rocky, it was sort of rough to step on but it didn't hurt at all. While digging in the sand and filling up a glass jar we had, we came across some seaglass. You can imagine my happiness! 



We also went to Carmel. It was gorgeous. If you've never gone, you NEED to! The sand at this beach was white, it was incredibly soft and light to step on. We collected some and it was pure sand, no shells, no rocks, no seaglass. I love to compare what they look like together.  We also drove around the town to see what it was like, it's lovely! 

We went down the historic Cannery Row (we also got a magnet for our fridge) 

we spent a few hours at the Monterey Aquarium. We could have spent ALL day there. Except I got hungry and started to get grumpy and that's never fun, we did get to see all that they had to offer and I think I took close to five hundred pictures while we were there (insert wide eyed emoji here) 


We went down Fisher man's Wharf, it was so much fun! This was my husbands first time going to Monterey, I went a few times in the past with my family. My grandfather lived in Carmel before he passed away, as children we would come visit. I appreciate the beauty and history of it so much more as an adult.

It was so relaxing to have a few days off! I hope you're all doing well! If you ever get the chance to visit the Monterey area, DO IT! One important thing you need to know, is that it is cool in this area. We had to buy a sweater because we thought it was going to be warm. (We were seriously shocked) I think next time we visit we'll do it closer to July or August! Have a magnificent Fri-yay!

3 comments:

  1. Oh my goodness I absolutely love this post because I absolutely love you and Justin so much and we miss you guys so much and I love all of your face so much!! Lol are you still going to Carmel when I was a little girl that is amazing it's beautiful there!!! I'm jealous I want to go to Monterey so bad I'm so excited for you Guys! What an anniversary lol to many more wild adventures to come I love you so much!! What an amazing awesome God we serve to be so amazing to us!

    ReplyDelete
  2. I said I use to go to Carmel lol Siri has failed me

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. This made me so happy! I love you very much!

      Delete