Friday, May 22, 2015

Finding Rest


Hello again!

Lately I have been thinking about the word rest. 
I don't know about you but I tend to get worn out. Living as Christians, we pour ourselves out to people, we invest time and energy in to precious souls, which is all totally and completely worth it; however we can become tired and drained. Living for Christ doesn't make us perfect people, we still need to be encouraged, we still need to be refreshed and we still need rest. In order to help others we must first be helped. God can help!

Going to church and getting fed by the Word of God regularly is heathy for us. Fellowshipping with believers who can encourage us and uplift us by their presence alone is something we all need. Digging into the word, REALLY getting into it and a regular prayer life can be as refreshing as a cool breeze on a hot day. God wants to refresh us. The truth is we are so close to rest. Jesus is our rest.

I'm sure you have heard this scripture time and time again but I am going to share it with you. This time when I read it, it was different. It spoke to me, it encouraged me. Let it encourage you, apply this to yourself.

Matthew 11:28-30
"Come to Me, all you who labor and are heavy laden, and I will give you rest. Take My yoke upon you and learn from Me, for I am gentle and lowly in heart and you will find rest for your souls. For My yoke is easy and my burden is light."

I always applied this scripture to the sinner in need of salvation. For those who are lost and weighed down by sin. This is for them, but it is also very much for the believer; we know we're not perfect, we still get weighed down by things in this life. He is still telling us to come to Him. He'll take our burdens, He'll take our cares.

Acts 3:19
"Repent therefore and be converted, that your sins may be blotted out, so that times of refreshing may come from the presence of the Lord."

We are refreshed in His presence, get before Him and give Him your cares; true rest only comes through Jesus! 

If you have a minute listen to This song it's by Aaron Shust, I hope you love it as much as I do!


2 comments:

  1. So true! Sometime you find your self giving all that you have but if you don't take the time to refresh and refill with Jesus you will be left feeling used and empty. In order for us to be able to continue to give we must be continually refilling. we need those precious sometimes stolen moments with God everyday . The song was perfect♡

    ReplyDelete
  2. So true! Sometime you find your self giving all that you have but if you don't take the time to refresh and refill with Jesus you will be left feeling used and empty. In order for us to be able to continue to give we must be continually refilling. we need those precious sometimes stolen moments with God everyday . The song was perfect♡

    ReplyDelete