Wednesday, May 20, 2015

The 24 hour challenge...I challenge YOU

Hello there and happy Wednesday! 
I have been thinking for some time now about doing a personal challenge. A challenge that will be exactly that for me: a challenge! It won't be easy, and that's the truth. Needless to say I'm ready for it and I'm excited!!! 

The challenge: Don't complain for 24 hours. 

Sounds easy right? Inside I say "I got this, no biggie" but how often, in reality do I complain? I'm sure I complain more than I realize. The smallest thing can happen outside of my plan for the day and it throws off my mood in seconds. 

Honestly I hate complaining, it's no fun for anyone. No one enjoys hearing it...so I'm gonna try my very best to succeed! I want to challenge you as well, are you in? I hope you are! I'm curious to see how the next 24 hours will be. I know for a fact I'll have to keep my mouth shut a few times and smile instead of complain or grumble. 

I know we understand what these words mean, but for some reason I enjoy looking up the definition and really taking a closer look.

Challenge:
-Noun 
A call or summons to engage in any contest, as of skill, strength, etc.

Complaining:
- Verb (used without object)
To express dissatisfaction, pain, uneasiness, censure, resentment or grief; find fault: He complained constantly about the noise of the corridor.

(Just reading the definition for the word complaining irks me, how much more annoying is it to hear someone constantly complaining?) 

I was reading in my Bible this morning and I came across this scripture in Philippians,
"Do all things without complaining and disputing." Philippians 2:14

Disputing:
-Verb (used without object) 
1. To engage in argument or debate
2. To argue vehemently; wrangle or quarrel.

Even the Word of God teaches us that we shouldn't complain! 

I hope this challenge is something that you accept and learn from. I'm nervous, excited and all sorts of crazy about this!
Here gooooes! 24 hours starts NOW! 

Have a wonderful Wednesday! 

2 comments:

  1. Okay I'm in!
    I wonder how many times I actully complain... its kinda of something in our nature...I'm gonna try to keep track how many times I have to close my mouth and
    just smile :(

    ReplyDelete
  2. Soooooo I'm normally a pretty happy easy-going person and this challenge I thought would be a breeze, and actually it made me really happy that I don't have that much to complain about and I'm very blessed and to know that God sent his son who died on the cross for my sins it just makes me even more happy to not complain and to be thankful for every single thing that I have I absolutely love this challenge and taking it on headfirst was exciting, scary and I learned a little bit more about the things that come out of my mouth 😘😂👏🏻

    ReplyDelete