Thursday, September 10, 2015

Requests, thanks and gratitude to God


I was recently challenged in my heart to start writing down what I'm grateful for. It doesn't matter if it's a big thing, or a little thing. When I think about my life I am filled to the brim with gratitude, but a lot of times (if I'm being honest here) I take things for granted and I don't praise God for them. 

About a week or so ago I thought up this idea to write down what I'm grateful for. Then I thought, "Well why not add prayer requests?" Then all the ideas started flowing and this is what I came up with:

1. Prayer requests
2. What I'm grateful for
3. Give thanks

I realized that no matter what we go through in life, God is so so good! He sent His son to die for us and has saved us from eternal torment in hell. Instead of punishment, He gives us forgiveness and heaven as an eternal home! If nothing else good happens to me in life, I will praise Him forever just for that!

Each one of us has been so richly blessed by God! Look around and write down the good things He has blessed you with! Like I said, some things are small and that's ok! I'm grateful that I have a journal and a pen to write these things down with. I'm also grateful for my wonderful husband and a roof over my head. The list is really endless and it's incredibly easy to think of things to be grateful for!

The best attitude is gratitude!
When we begin to be grateful, we truly will be content. It doesn't matter what situation we are in, God is always worth of our praise and adoration! 


Below are a few pictures of my journal and some things I am grateful for, things I'm asking Him for and things I'm prasing Him for. 


Isn't that journal adorable? It was a gift from a sweet friend :)





Some times we all need a reminder of what God has done in our lives! It's healthy for us to look back and see His faithfulness. He is our Father and we are His children, He has given us life through Jesus and promises to never leave us!



Also I just thought I would share, I'm working on a little painting:) cute right? 

Let's rejoice in the blessings God has given us! Mark them down so you can look back and realize just how blessed you really are!

Xoxo- Mel 

No comments:

Post a Comment