Saturday, September 12, 2015

Memory Box, savoring life's moments!


We all have those little trinkets and cards we can't possibly part with. If you're anything like me, I have quite a bit. I tend to be sentimental. Am I the only one that still has notes from years ago? I have saved every note and card Justin has ever given me and he did the same. Looking back on them makes me giddy, I feel like we've known each other forever because we have so many little things, they're precious to me! 

We also have old family pictures (Justin when he was little) notes from close friends, Christmas cards, and little random things from our life!

Like I've mentioned before I'm not a fan of random piles. They make me crazy! So instead of letting things pile up, I decided to get a cute box and collect memories with that! One of my boxes I've had since I was a little girl, back then I collected things and saved them in there...this sentimental thing goes baaaack! 

Now, I have three memory boxes and I'm sure we'll have more in the future. With everything there has to be a balance right? We don't save every little thing because that would be called hoarding and I'm not into that; a few boxes aren't too bad right? Besides they fit like a puzzle piece stacked in the top of my closet (Ok I'm being dramatic)  They're tiny boxes filled with organized clutter, contained chaos if you will; that's exactly how I love it!



That time when we went to sea world, or when we went to the Monterey aquarium. When I used to have random trips to Flagstaff. The day we took our engagement pictures. The hotel room key when we went to San Jose for a marriage retreat!


We all have little things that remind us of good friends or happy moments. Don't throw them away, treasure them! You can never get those moments back :)





That little hat in the box above is one of the hats I wore all the time while I was going through chemo. There are so many things that we wouldn't allow ourselves to part with. So many things we don't know where to put, like that adorable hat!



The box with roses on it, yup that's the  one I've had for a long time. 

P.s. Isn't that tiny orchid gorgeous?!

The wonderful thing about memory boxes is that throughout the years you can go through them and they will be sure to make you smile! 

Xoxo, Melissa

6 comments:

  1. Love love love! I remember that rose box and Lil hat very well♡

    ReplyDelete
  2. I need to find some cute boxes myself! I have a few simple black ones I keep printed photos in!! I also have an entire drawer full of my memory treasures, but it is over the top full!!!

    ReplyDelete
  3. Ahhhhh I loved this post! That little hat. Its always good to remember where we come from and what God rescued us from. I love your blog SO much!

    ReplyDelete