Wednesday, September 23, 2015

Fall is here!


I don't know about you, but fall is my favorite season. Cardigans, crunching leaves, scarves, boots, beanies, hot chocolate, pumpkins, fires, the colors: orange, yellow and red. The list can go on...really there are so many gorgeous things about autumn. Oh. So. Many. Things!

Yesterday was the first day of fall and my heart is truly happy. If you could see it, it would be smiling! I decided to celebrate the season by wearing booties and a chambray shirt. I wanted to add a scarf but I probably would have had a heat stroke. It's still in the 90's here in central Cali. What is wrong with this city? Haven't you heard that fall is here?!


(I'm not sure why I'm only raising one eyebrow in this picture, but we'll just pretend like we didn't notice that!)

One thing that excites me about fall is the cooler temperatures! The trees change colors, we can drink hot lattes and snuggle with cozy blankets. We also celebrate the wonderful holiday, Thanksgiving! Thanksgiving is such an crucial holiday because we are reminded once again that we are truly blessed by God. It opens our eyes to the gift He has given us, we have been saved by His marvelous grace. We have been washed in His precious blood, redeemed and set free! Thank you God! There are so many things to be thankful for, salvation is only one of them!



Justin also loves this time of year. What excites him? Buying masks and scaring small children, haha! (Can you say Spirit Halloween?) he likes to get a reaction out of people, even though most people don't get scared. I know I do; those masks freak me out. He usually scares me when he comes around the corner with it on and I'm not expecting it. He tries to scare me all the time...every once in a while I get him back and maaaaan is it hilarious when he screams! (Don't tell him I told you that)

We needed to buy a shovel for our new back yard (we're going to be planting grass here soon, yay!) so of course, he was dragging that shovel around with his mask on inside of Walmart. His head was tilted, ever so slightly and his shoulder was dropped just enough to make him look abnormal. It's awesome when people smile, laugh and enjoy his happiness! Sometimes life can be too serious...we all need a little adventure to brighten up our lives, to add some excitement to our day. This guy makes me smile! 


Since we moved into our new apartment we HAD to buy a new door mat! It's pretty stinking adorable, thanks again Target for being so on point all the time. We love you. 


It's time to break out the pine cones. Last year I used a paint brush, mod podge and gold glitter and created this gold dipped pine cone effect. I adore it! They smell like cinnamon and they add a touch of fall and gold to the home. Does it get any better? I don't think so. If it does, please let me know :)


To welcome fall, a cozy candle is completely essential. This is a soy candle that a lady in my sisters church made! I pretty much want to eat it, that sums up how good it smells! 

I hope you are enjoying the time of year and (hopefully) cooler weather! Let's look back and recount the blessings God has allowed us to experience so far this year! Even when times are hard (we all have bad days) God is our constant. He is always there holding us up when we don't have the strength on our own. He is truly something to be grateful for! Happy fall!

Xoxo, Mel

4 comments: