Tuesday, August 4, 2015

Celebrating 6 months!

Sunday we celebrated six months in our new city! It's amazing how fast the time has gone by. Leaving everything I have ever known and everything I love (not everyone because I came with my husband) has been one of the biggest adventures I have had!
I know I haven't posted much about pioneering, but that is what we are doing. We're starting a new church, a church that is non-denominational, with Pentecostal beliefs. The fellowship we're a part of sent us here and we arrived on February 2, 2015. What an exciting journey it has been, starting from absolutely nothing. All we had was Jesus and a uhaul full of our stuff. Gosh, so much has happened in the past six months; I feel like I could write a book! To sum it up, God is MOVING! He is building His church! That's one thing Justin and I both came to the realization about, no matter how much work we do, it has to be God! It has to be Him, or else our work is in vain. He has to move and give us favor. 
Sunday we had our biggest church service yet, what a way to celebrate six months! We had twenty people in service, two people prayed to ask Jesus in their hearts and one man was healed from back pain! (Insert clapping emoji here) it was also the biggest offering we have received! We are excited by what God has already done so far and we are expecting great things for the future in this city! God you are so so good!

No comments:

Post a Comment