Monday, July 27, 2015

The Perfect Lemon Bars


Ok, so over the past month I have been a serious slacker as far as blogging goes. That's the honest truth. I have been so unmotivated to do anything lately. I think it's partially because we have been stinking busy with the Bible conference we went to in Arizona and just the regular day to day outreaching and so on. Today was a very productive day, my husband helped me do all the laundry and clean the house! He even scrubbed the shower for me, what a guy:)

The other day all I wanted to eat was lemon bars, so naturally I looked up a few recipes. Then we ran to the store (just kidding, we drove) got a few of the missing ingredients and smashed back home to make them. The recipe I ended up using was SO EASY, like it was almost too good to be true. And the result, unreal, no really they're divine!

Before I go off and rant some more, lets get down to the nitty-gritty, shall we?
here is the original recipe I didn't really change it much at all.




The Perfect Lemon Bars

1 cup & 2 Tbs all purpose flour, divided
1/2 cup & 2 Tbs powdered sugar, divided
1/2 cup (1 stick) unsalted butter,  melted
1/8 tsp salt
1 cup granulated sugar
1/4 cup lemon juice

Set the oven to 350 degrees. Ready a 9x9 pan with baking spray/ butter/oil (whatever you prefer) if you want you can line the pan with parchment paper to make removal of the bars easier. I didn't because I forgot to buy some (haha)

Crust:
First, grab a medium sized bowl, mix together 1 cup flour, 1/2 cup powdered sugar, melted butter and salt. Mix well with a fork until well combined. Press mixture into pan and cover surface as well as 1/2 or so up the sides. Place in over for 10 minutes. The crust should be a golden brown.

Filling:
While the crust is baking away, grab another bowl. Stir the 2 Tbs flour, sugar, eggs and lemon juice.
Make sure to mix those eggs in well.

Once the crust is done, pour the filling straight on the crust and return to the over for an additional 20-25 minutes. Mine was ready after 20 minutes. To make sure it's ready, shake the pan and if the filling jiggles then it needs more time, if not it is ready!

Allow bars to cool on the counter for 30 minutes, then place them in the fridge until they're completely chilled.

Before serving sprinkle with powdered sugar and cut into squares. TA-DA

Serves 16, or just one if you don't feel like sharing...really they're that good!




3 comments:

  1. A favorite of mine...wonder if you can do key lime the same way? Yummy!!!

    ReplyDelete
  2. A favorite of mine...wonder if you can do key lime the same way? Yummy!!!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Key lime sounds delicious! Try it and let me know :)

      Delete