Monday, August 24, 2015

Get your craft on!


My husband and I have been married for a little over two years now. A part of me loves to hang on to things because of the sentimental value and for memories sake. The other part of me wants to throw everything away and donate, donate donate! Anyone feel me on this one?

Lately we have been going through a bunch of stuff. Organizing, tossing things in the garbage, donating and just over all de cluttering. We're moving into a new apartment the beginning of next month (Ya-hooo!!! A down stairs apartment- I'm so happy!)  I don't want to drag along anything that's unnecessary! 

The wedding cards we were given have been stored in a gallon sized ziploc bag...horrible I know. I didn't want to just toss them because they do hold some value to us. Mostly to me, I'm sure:)
I came up with the idea of putting them in the guest signing book that my mom made for us. What's even better is there was enough room for them because about three quarters of the book was blank pages. GENIUS! Why did it take me two years to think of this? 

After a few days of on and off mod podging, scissor cutting, sticky fingers and of course coffee, it was complete! 

The reason I'm sharing this is to motivate you to try something new. New things can be intimidating. What if I mess up? What if I hate it? What if it looks like poop? They're mostly "what if's", you'll never know until you try and in my case ANYTHING is better than a gallon sized ziploc bag. Anything...
This picture was taken right before I dipped the mod podge sponge straight into my coffee mug. Haha. I was waiting for that to happen. Maybe coffee was a bad idea...
I wanted to be able to open the cards and read them, so I used the mod podge on the back of the card and stuck it to the paper. Once that dried I put a coat of mod podge on the inside flap of the card that was already glued down, just to be extra safe:)
Pretty flowers always make a project extra happy:)
Some cards I decided to cut apart and only use certain pieces like this one.
And there she is! I absolutely adooooore projects like this because I get to keep everything I wanted, save space and have a neat way to look back on the memories! 

Now get your craft on!












3 comments:

  1. I adore it!!!
    I have been doing the same only using a journal to be crafty and organized. ..I stopped denying my inner artist and decided you can be organized and have beauty♡

    ReplyDelete
  2. I adore it!!!
    I have been doing the same only using a journal to be crafty and organized. ..I stopped denying my inner artist and decided you can be organized and have beauty♡

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Organized art! Yes there is such thing, being crafty and tidy at the same time :)

      Delete